[Zope] Re: WorldPilot IMAP/SMTP settings (was: Re: Re: [Zope] Worldpilot/Python help)

Jack Ungerleider jack@jacku.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 06:56:46 -0600

The answer in my case is both.
My test box is called "geezer" so initially it was set to "geezer". This
designation works with other IMAP tools (ishmail, Netscape). When this didn't
work I tried the FQDN: geezer.lab.jacku.com (My exposed FQDN is different due
to masking by the cable modem company.) This provided a similar error. Reading
the doc files I decided to leave the fields blank. This also generated an
error. (I don't remember at this point if it was the same exact error.) After
that failed I entered local host for both options and it worked. This became
the "last test" since its result was positive.

Hope this helps.
Jack

On Wed, 08 Mar 2000, WorldPilot Helpers wrote:
> Hi Matt, Hi Jack,
>
> What were your IMAP/SMTP settings prior to setting them to localhost?
> Were they empty or pointing to a specific host name?
>
> Cheers,
> Ryan
<snip>
--