[Zope] Client-side Zope

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:29:03 +0000

Hmmm....

Very interesting, I agree that installing Zope on Win* was very easy. The
problem I have is how to Sync stuff between my local Zope at home (no net
connection) and the 'real' Zope at work.

I currently do an export to a ZIP disk, and then an import back into the other
Zope from the disk. This makes a lot of things possible but only in very limited
circumstances:

You have to move *all* of Zope, or objects don't re-import back into the correct
place. Also, if an object changes on the 'real' Zope changes while I'm at home
and I import when I get back, the changes are lost as my import overwrites
whatever is there...not pretty.

Also, I can't do this trick with things like Squishdot postings, which is a
shame...

What would be nice is something like Lotus Notes replication when you import a
.zexp file; you get a replication conflict if both objects have changed, which
you can then sort out.

I'm not looking for the full-blown ZEO distributed object store, just a way to
periodically sync a set of selected objects (slightly more complex in the
squishdot case...) by exporting from one and re-importing (non-destructively)
into another.

Any ideas?

Chris