[Zope] Having slight problems with <dtml-calendar>

M.J. Stahl mjstahl@bizux.net
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 11:48:25 -0500

Problem:
  Currently I have no problem view the HTML tables of the calendar or
adding properities. Where my problem lies is displaying those properties in
the tables of the calendar.

Currently the variables for the date, whether the object has a property,
and the value of that property are registed just like the <dtml-calendar>
How-to.

<dtml-let d="date.Date()"
          hasdate="hasProperty(d)"
          dprop="getProperty(d)">

The 'd="date.Date()"' does what it is supposed to. (make d equal to
something like 2000/01/17). I checked the hasdate variable and found that
it was equal to a 0 (1 if true, 0 if false, of course).

The properties are kept on the folder, where the calendar method is. I
added a property via the method for doing such and went back and checked
the folder to see if it had a property on it. Yes it did... in this format.

Tree Structure:    /diis
                     /calendar (contains the properties)
                       index_html (displays the calendar)
                       /updatecalendar
                         index_html (used for editing the properties)
2000/01/17 This is the 17th day of January.

Yet, hasdate was equally 0 (false) therefore the 'dprop' value could not be
set.

I guess my question is this:
  If the folder containing the calendar method has properties on it which
are   to be read into the tables of the calendar, does this mean that
'hasProperty(d)' is not being read off the folder and is looking at some
other object for the value?

If that is not the question can someone please point something out to me
that I am doing wrong...

All help is extremly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark J. Stahl