[Zope] ZClass Base Class (QUEST)

Oscar Picasso picasso@videotron.ca
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:52:08 -0500

As far as I know, I don't thing it's possible in Zope. I'm very interesed in a
way to do that, so I thought about a possible solution:
- make an empty class in python, e.g. MySuperClass;
- when creating your ZClass, make MySuperClass one of its Base Class;
- if you want to modify your ZClass Base classes, just add super classes to
MySuperClass and create/modify and __init__ method in it:

class MySuperClass(NewBaseClass01, NewBaseClasse02...):
	def __init__(self, parmeters...):
		NewClass01.__init__(parameters01)
		NewClass02.__init__(parameters01)
It sounded a good idea to me and worked fine in python. However I got:
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: unbound method must be called with class instance 1st
argument

Not very useful but who knows. Let me know if you figured out a solution.