[Zope] RFC: Flaws in Structured text

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:49:24 +0200

Alexander Staubo wrote:

> I would like to outline a few problems, based on
> observations of real-world usage, with Structured text.
> Comments are appreciated.

One of myw own - words in single quotes 'like this' should NOT be turned
into code examples.  Most people do not write code examples in their texts.

> - Structured text code not available to DTML.

>   Solution: It would be swell to have an _.stx() or
>   StructuredText() construct.

Or add the whole special_formats dictionary available in PythonMethods to _.

In general, strucutred text needs a complete rewrite to make it extendable
and customizable.  Using the current structure you end up commenting stuff
out and rewriting sections of the code, which is not a very good way of
working.  But I doubt DC have the time for that.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net