[Zope] mange_changeProperities external method

M.J. Stahl mjstahl@bizux.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:59:47 -0500

I have an a form in which the user can edit an instance of a ZClass and
resubmit the data. This data is to be used instead of the data that is
currently listed within the properties of said object.

After submitting the change I get this error:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'string' object has no attribute '_properties'

The code that it is referring to is:

def editTaskProperty(self,REQUEST,RESPONSE):
  taskobject = self.taskstorage.REQUEST['task_id']

  for p in taskobject._properties:
    taskobject._setPropValue(p['task_title'], REQUEST['title'])

Can anyone give me any insight as to how the proper method of changing the
properties listed on an instance without the user catching any wind of the
management interface?

Best regards,

Mark