[Zope] Banner + search engine + Zope

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:54:36 -0500 (EST)

Marc DANAI wrote:
>   What is a best solution for showing car's
> advertisement when user looking for car, finance
> advertisement logo when users searching for finance
> infos,....
>
>   Is there any simple way to do this logo selection
> based on search string in Zope?

I don't *think* there is canned solution to this in Zope, though
I haven't looked at any of the banner products yet.  But in
principle it is simple enough: the page that is responding to
the search query has access to all the search variables, so it
can decide which banner to include based on those keywords.  For
a simple banner list, dtml-if logic would be sufficient.  But
you probably really want it integrated with a complete banner
product.

In about two months I'm going to have to implement this for a
client.  I'm expecting to add it to one of the banner products
if they don't support it already by then <grin>.

--RDM