[Zope] Site Access Rules and Permissions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:54:21 +0000

Hmmm,

It would appear that a Site Root and a Site Access Rule containing the following are NOT the same:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.setURL(base=SiteRootBASE, path=SiteRootPATH)">

as my site access rule didn't work :( (it left the URL, BASEx and absolute_url() unchanged)

The only way I could solve it was to do the following:

Site Access Rule:
<dtml-in virtual_hosts>
<dtml-if "REQUEST.environ['HTTP_HOST']==_['sequence-item']">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH','/')">
</dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

And then put an empty SiteRoot object in the folder of each virtually hosted site.

Why did I need to do this? (more out of curiosity than anything else...)
Also why do the SiteRoot objects have to be in the folder of the virtually hosted site? why can't I
just have one in the root folder which gets picked up through aquisition (they're all blank anyway
;-)

And, most importantly of all, why does adding a site access rule prevent FTP access to Zope?

Chris