[Zope] GUF: Generic User Folder

Richard Moon richard@dcs.co.uk
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:47:27 +0000

At 11:59 14/03/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am starting to look into GUF, but the documentation is
>not very well done: it's a bit cryptic and disorganized,
>and makes too much assumptions on what the user knows.

I struggled a little with this and I now have it working (in development
anyway) using an SQL database (PostgreSQL) to hold details of users. It
seems to me that if you need to store a 'profile' on your registered users
then this is the way to go. You need to read the README that comes with the
distribution and also read the SQL How-to you've listed below. This do not
really explain how to use it once it is set up so I added a 'Tip' at
http://www.zope.org/Members/Lunus/lunus_01

I'm still learning but I haven't found any reason _not_ to use GUF yet.

>Where can I find more help/examples regarding GUF?
>
>The How-To in http://www.zope.org/Members/hippy/GUF_SQL_crypt
>is not too good, either. Arrghh... give me some more
>hints and I'll prepare another How-To, OK? :)
>
>Hung Jung

Richard Moon
richard@dcs.co.uk