[Zope] XML-RPC woes

Kapil V. Thangavelu k_vertigo@hotmail.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:46:47 -0500

Hi

i've spent the day trying to make this work so i thought i'd see if
brighter minds could illuminate the darkness of my night.

I'm trying to setup an email archiving system in Zope. I've got the
email retrieval setup in an separate python script and a couple of
ZClasses setup in Zope to archive/catalog the emails. My problem is
getting the parsed email info(to, from, body, etc) from the external
script into my Zclasses. i've tried xml-rpc but i keep getting server
errors. i connect to the server and try

zope.project.archive.addEmail(id)

but i keep getting a 500 Internal server error message. addEmail is just
a wrapper around the constructor which expects only one parameter the id
of the email Zclass object to create( just something to debug before i
pass in all the params). So what gives? i can call the method from the
web with

http://localhost/project/archive/addEmail?id=xx

but how do you call a dtml method with args from xml-rpc. fyi i'm using
amos's patched xmlrpclib for authentication (i fixed the import errors)

i've trying to reimplement this in an external methods but i would
really like to know how to do it with xml-rpc. btw

Thanks

Kapil