[Zope] GUF: Generic User Folder

Evan Gibson egibson@connect.com.au
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:24:57 +1100

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 10:12:08AM +1100, Ben Leslie wrote:
> > I actually gave up on GUF because I _couldn't_ get it to let me in in
> > the first place to set up my db methods. The password that is supposed
> > to be built in didn't work at all, neither did the supervisor one.
>
> I posted a work around for that on this mailing list a couple of days ago.
> And yes whilst it is frustrating it is no where near as hard as writing
> an authentication product from scratch (which from experience is difficult).

Heh. I certainly wouldn't want to do it from scratch myself...
I just tracked down your work around again and now remember why it didn't
help me. I actually have a UserDb in my root directory and that's what I'm
trying to get rid of (Since I'm moving to Oracle anyway I thought I'd
change to a supported product since UserDb has been giving me a few obscure
problems at times.) So since it doesn't support the admin user either your
suggestion doesn't help. I will, however, try making a normal user folder
in a subdirectory and then try to set GUF up in a subdirectory of that...

> > Anyway, the LoginManager looks very clean. It already doesn't have a
> > lot of the old problems and I like the abstraction. Now I just have to
> > finish getting DCOracle working (annoying truncated .so files...).
> Sorry I think that the GUF is also very clean and quite easy to work with.

Grin. Seeing I never managed to get into GUF's management interface in the
first place I can't really comment on how clean it is.

> I think GUF is great as it is. Thanks a lot to Zen for contributing it.

Definitely.

> Benno

Evan Gibson.

--
  Evan ~ThunderFoot~ Gibson    ~ nihil mutatem, omni deletum ~
      May the machines watch over you with loving grace.