[Zope] Problem with ZODBCDA

Matthew Wilbert mwilbert@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:54:00 -0800

I just installed ZODBCDA on a new Windows install of Zope 2.1.4 using ZServer running as an NT service.  After editing db.py to fix the THUNK typo (I've submitted that to the collector) it sees the System ODBC DSNs that exist, and it lets me pick one.  But when I try to open the connection, it tells me I have an invalid connect string.  The weird thing is that I turned on Windows ODBC tracing, and NOTHING is being logged from the Zope connection.  So I don't think it is actually passing anything to ODBC.  If I do the same thing from some other ODBC client, the connect string works and the session gets logged by the ODBS tracer.

There was a very similar problem in the list archives several months ago, and it seemed that running the service as a user, instead of the system, fixed the problem.  Didn't work for me.

Any suggestions on how to track this down further, or better yet to fix it, would be appreciated.

Matt Wilbert
mwilbert@alum.mit.edu
Get Visto.com!  Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info