[Zope] User and UserFolders

Oliver Andrich oli@rz-online.net
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:43:14 +0100

Hi,

I am currently developing a new product for my company using Zope. No I am
running into a problem. I like to use the building user management and user
auth features, but I also need add to some new properties to a user record.
Nothing big just a few properties, that a relevant for some user specific
configuration parameters.

Can I add new properties to an User object, or do I have to create a new
UserFolder and new User object using ZClasses? The later wouldn't be very
satisfying. Or can I just create my own type of user and add it to any user
folder? Especially the buildin user folder of Zope?

Bye, Oliver Andrich