[Zope] NEWBIE: dtml-in and subobjects

geoff@northernwastes.org geoff@northernwastes.org
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:11:11 -0900 (AKST)

So...

I'm sure the answer to this question is painfully obvious, but I've
pounded on the docs and I can't find it for the life of me.

I have created a subclass as per the instuctions in the Zope Developers
Guide.  I am doing this specificly to avoid my inner class polluting the
global product list.  (There will ulimately be a large number of these
inner classes if I can figure this out.)

So far, so good.  Using the dtml-var tag I can display any property of any
instance of my newly created subclass.  But I also need to build a table
that iterates though all instances of this subclass and displays several
of it's properties.

I suspect this involves the use of the dtml-in tag, but I can't for the
life of me figure out what the syntax should look like.  The discussion of
dtml-in tag seems to imply a list of objects in a folder, and what I have
is a list of subobjects in an object.

Hints anyone?  How-To?  FAQ?

TIA,

Geoffrey L. Wright