[Zope] etcUserFolder

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:58:40 +0000

mindlace wrote:

> Zopistas and MikeP,
>
> I'm trying to use etcUserFolder...

And I can't get it to work at all.  etcUserFolder.py says to put a file
in a directory called etcUsers in the root zope folder.  OK, I made a
folder zope/etcUsers/, and copied my /etc/shadow to there.  Then I
edited it to just have a few names:passwords.  then I chowned nobody.
This wasn't working.  I copied it to the directory of the product-
lib/python/Products/etcUserFolder.
No juice.  while from crypt import crypt worked on the command line, I
still copied cryptmodule.so to my zope directory.  No dice.  So I copied
it to etc's directory.  No juice.

etcUserFolder still tells me there are no users whatsoever. what am I
doing wrong?

--
http://mindlace.net __________________ mindlace@imeme.net
I don't want The Truth but I wouldn't mind a Big Analogy.