[Zope] ExtensionClass

cpita cpita@uol.com.ar
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:07:43 -0300

Hi!

I have an ExtensionClass(es) question and, being the
latest releases of them distributed with Zope, I
decided to ask it here.

Situation:

1) Class A subclasses 2+ extension classes E =
{E1,...,En} and perhaps another non extension classes C
= {C1,...,Cm}. That is, class A(B1,...,Bk): ...., where
B1,...,Bk are each in E or in C.
2) a is an instance of A (a = A())
3) a.foo(bar) is invoked
4) getattr is invoked in the first extension class in
the inherited classes list (i.e. the first Bi belonging
to E)

Question:

What happens then?
I guess that calling Py_FindMethod (inside getattr
implementation) will trigger a search in instance and
base classes' dictionaries, but what about the other
extension base classes and what about the searching
order?
I can't find any doc on these, so I'm needing your help.

Thank you, Carlos.

UOLMAIL - Todo Argentino tiene derecho a tener su e-mail.
http://www.uolmail.com.ar