[Zope] 2.1.5 breaks XMLDocument

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:30:46 -0500

Phil Harris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone else verify this?

Yes.

Actually, there is a buglet in XMLDocument that was made effective
by a fix to a bug in Acquisition.  Prior to 2.1.5, there were cases
where acquisition-wrapped objects sometimes didn't have their full
acquisition context.  This was fixed in 2.1.5.  Unfortunately,
some applications may depend on the old incomplete wrapping. :(

In 2.1.5, when you add an XML document, you get a
WrongDocumentException.  This can be fixed by changing:

        if document and ownerDocument and document != ownerDocument:

to:

        if (document and ownerDocument and
            getattr(document,      'aq_base', document) is not
            getattr(ownerDocument, 'aq_base', ownerDocument)
            ):

in the appendChild method in class Node in file Node.py.

There may be other problems, however, I'm not very familiar
with XMLDocument and wouldn't be a good person to find them.

Perhaps you could apply this patch and see if you can find
anything else wrong.  If you do, please provide me and Amos
with some sample data and instructions for reproducing the problem.

Jim

repeats.