[Zope] How do I edit values of items created using Property Sheets

Ed Corrado ecorrado@rider.edu
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:43:53 -0500 (EST)

After reading the how-to that Kevin Dangoor and making some changes from
the management interface, I am able to edit values connected to my Zope
objects. While this is a start, it really isn't ideal. As Nick Henderson
suggested, it would be better if there was a way to do this from standard
DTHML, so that the editing form looks like a filled-in entry form? Does
anyone have any suggestions? Also, a number of the fields in my entries
are coming from "select" lists or checkboxes. This is being done to
control the vocabulary so everyone enters the same term for the same item
(eg. It would be a problem for my application if person #1 calls it "Time"
and person #2 calls it "Time Magazine." Does anyone know of a way to take
the existing values of an entry and pull it into a select list and tell
the list to keep them "selected," or have an idea of a direction to go
in order to attempt this?

Ed Corrado