[Zope] RE: problems with jcNTUserFolder

Ava ava@dde974.equipement.gouv.fr
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:03:21 +0400

> Hello,
> Thanks a lot for answering so quickly. I changed the getUsers
> method and no
> more Attribte Error occured. When I now try to connect to the folder
> containing the NT User Folder, The Username (listed in the NT
> User Folder)
> and password is not accepted.
have you given roles to the user???
to protect the folder, I suppose you have created a role 'ROLE', and said
that anyone but those with the role 'ROLE' are able to view the folder.
however, if the users in the NT User Folder are not given roles, there are
two case:

when you create a NT user folder, you have to choose whether default
behavior when a user is not given roles is to acquire user settings from
higher user folders or not.

- if default behavior is to acquire settings, due to the very nature of user
folders, NT User Folders says the user *does not* exists if no roles are
defined, to allow higher user folders to handle the user. this is the
default for a nt user folder created in a sub folder

- if default behavior is not to acquire settings, NT User Folder always says
'yes' when the user is asked, but if no roles are defined, the user is
assumed to have to anonymous role. this is the default for a nt user folder
created at the top level

if roles are created for a user, it always exists, what ever the default
behavior is.

back to your problem: if you choose not to acquire user roles, all users for
which you didn't give roles are *anonymous*, so they have no rights on your
protected folder.

> I'm running Zope as a service.
good

> Is there any additional work to do when installing the NT User Folder?
> Is it necessary to install the NT User Folder at the toplevel
> Folder inside Zope?
nope but be careful about the above point

I really have to write a doc for NT User Folder!! anyone wants to send me
some beer for the work to be done ? ;-)

regards,
jephte clain