[Zope] Upload files in Zope and store elsewhere

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:01:52 +0000

Excellent, just what I was looking for.

I have a few more questions before I try it out:

1. What is the type of the Foto column in MySQL?
   Is it BLOB, TEXT or something else like VARCHAR BINARY?

2. What size are the files you are storing?
   Small    (< 1MB)
   Medium   (1-5MB)
   or Large (> 5MB)

and this to anyone who wants to answer: ;-)

3.
   > Note that I replace the octal char 010 by the string "\\010".
   > If you donīt escaape this char MySQL change it for the char 008. I don't
   > know why.

   Anyone know why? This is a little disturbing...

cheers,

Chris