[Zope] zope_msg.log Message

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:51:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, chas wrote:

> Hearing that others are now experiencing the same gives me
> hope: this could explain the crashes that we've been plagued
> with for months (though I fear any solution will come too late
> to prevent our switch to an alternative platform).

It seems that a lot of sites (including mine) have problems with Zope's
stability but somehow not many people reported the problems, and I am not
sure whether DC was/is aware of them. Our most useful Zope component right
now is a script that checks our Zope server every 5 minutes and restarts
it if it is down. I have spend many hours debuging but I failed to find
anything sustantial. I am under the impression (but nothing more solid)
that one problem might involve the interaction of the select call and
signal handling or the python wrap around the select call. No proofs
though. Unfortunately like you I failed to convince people in my group to
use Zope for more ambitious projects because of the stability problem.

Pavlos