[Zope] xmlrpc authentication woes

Bill Anderson banderson@boi.hp.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:40:39 -0700

First, let me say I have patched my xmlrpclib.py to support
authentication; that isn't the problem.

Overview:
I have a folder, 'Administration', which requires manager login to
access. In this folder is a subfolder called 'MachineTracker'. In this
folder is a collection of ZSQl Methods, DTML Methods, and DTML
Documents. What I want to do is to connect to the server via XML-RPC,
and make use of the ZSQL Method for inserting data into the database.

Problem:
When attempting this from python in XML-RPC, I get a 401 Unauthorized
error. I can access the folder, and other methods, such as index_html()
and objectIds() with no authentication issues.

Any ideas?

(please cc me here, this isn't my subscribed address)
TIA, Bill

--
Bill Anderson 			Linux/Unix Administrator, Security Analyst
ESBU (ARC)			bill_anderson@boi.hp.com