[Zope] Catalog search merges

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:18:28 -0500 (EST)

OK, so I read the Advanced Catalog Search HowTo, and I am left with
a couple of questions.  I'm concerned here with "or"ing the searches
on two fields.  The first question is, once I do the OR is the
result (which may be close to a thousand records) cached?  Otherwise
I don't think this is going to work.  Even if it is cached, I'm
thinking it may not work.  Is there any way to do an OR without

The other question is, when I do the OR, how do I reduce the
composed list to just unique records?  The HowTo seems to just
do a sequence join, which would leave me with duplicated records
for those items that matched on both search columns.

--RDM