[Zope] Zope hanging: internal ZODB error?

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:48:21 +1100

> I suspect it
> has to do with poorly engineered ZClasses.

Michel, I take back the assertion in my private email.

I've just determined that this glitch in my
CatalogAware Journal ZClass (using a custom catalog
as per http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/CatalogAware)
arises whenever a user edits an instance of this class.

Users are using the standard Zope management interface
but I have substituted the standard Properties View
with an "Edit Journal" View.  This is a copy of the
Journal_AddForm method (with default values culled from
the now existing instance).

As per #4 in the above How-To, on submission this calls
the following DTML method which puts my publicationCatalog
in a strange state (requiring the update):

<dtml-call "propertysheets.Properties.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call reindex_object>

I desperately need to sort this out before users start
making changes.  I certainly can't do an update of
the catalog on every edit of an existing Journal
instance.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darran.