[Zope] Re: OFF TOPIC: printing learning python e-matter

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:15:03 -0800

> I intend to get from fatbrain the e-matter edition of the Learning Python
> book. Can someone comment their experience with this format?
>
> The problem is that they mention that e-matter works only on windows
> platforms, and I want to know if it is possible to print the book so that
> I can use it while working my computer, which does not run windows.

I haven't bought the eMatter edition of Learning Python =), but I did by the
Eff-bot's guide.  I was able to print it fine, although personally I prefer
nicely bound books to large amounts of single-sided A4/letter pages with too
much whitespace around the borders.

Also, know that some folks have had problems with eMatter's distribution
schemes, especially those with non-US installations of Windows, from what I
gather.  Luckily, I hear that fatbrain's technical support helps folks get
past these issues.

On the positive side, I do like the ability to search PDF files.

--David Ascher

PS: Even more off-topic, and shameless promotion: Learning Python is now
available in German (Einf\"uhrung in Python) and French (Introduction \'a
Python).

ObZope: Overheard at the SD2000 conference:

"""I figure that learning about Python and Zope has already paid for the
conference.  We were going to buy product X, which costs $10,000, and now I
learned about Zope, which is free.  It cost my company $10,000 to send me
and my buddy here, so they're coming out even."""