[Zope] Performance Testing / Expections

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:25:38 +1000

> > >     You are using postgres and the postgres adapter is only level 2
> > > (serializing).
> > >
> > > -Petru
> >
> > Yes I am using postgres, however I am _not_ using the postgres adapter.
> > I am using External Methods and python to do all data access since the data
> > requires formatting after it comes out of the database which is much
> > more easily done in python cf. dtml.
>
>    Then you loose all the data caching done by the ZSQL methods.
>
> -Petru

Yeah I know, which is a shame, however the postgres db adapter is only a
development version and as I said we need to manipulate the data in python
before it comes out of the db. I plan on putting in my own caching routines
here, however this will still only get me up to at most 8 request per second,
which is proably reasonable for my application.

Cheers,

Benno