[Zope] webDAV and IE 5.0

Satheesh Babu vsbabu@csoft.net
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:50:12 -0500

Oops!

Sorry, folks. Stupid IE problem. I don't know
what happened, but went to MS site, downloaded
5.01 and did a complete re-install, and it is
working fine, now.

Another thing - would it be possible
to've https for ZServer webDAV? I'm trying
to push Zope's use in my organization, and
right now, am toying with the idea below
(because FTP is ruled out by our security
guy).
  - Run Zope as a webDav server
  - IE5.0 as client
  - People who want to post content to the HTTPD
    server (which is IIS3), just drag and drop
    from their PC to the Web Folder.
Issues as of now:
  - How to get the content to NT folders rather than ZODB?
      localFS does not permit uploads... May be I'll try ZMirror.

I work for a non-profit organization and right now we are
not in a position to adopt IIS5 or NT2000. Nor do people
want to go for Apache + Linux. And I could'nt find out
any other affordable webDAV server for NT.

Zope has got lof of people excited in my workplace and
that is also one reason I want to push for Zope.

   ~  V.Satheesh Babu vsbabu@csoft.net
  . .     http://www.csoft.net/~vsbabu/
  /V\ - Duct tape is like the force.  It has
 // \\  a light side, and a dark side, and
/(   )\ it holds the universe together ...
 ^'~'^