[Zope] Newbie question - product embedding

Michal Bukovjan m_bukovjan@advis.cz
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:54:45 +0200

Hello,

I am just evaluating the Zope system, and it looks good. I am trying to
build an example Intranet site, using Squishdot.
I need a poll embedded in one of the Squishboxes.

I tried both PMPPoll product and Poll product, but cannot get it to
render into the page.

I have a DTML method calling the poll object like this

... some simple HTML ...
<dtml-var name="my_sample_poll">
.. some more simple HTML ...

The simple HTML indeed appears in the box, but instead of the poll form,
which I expect to be rendered, I get the following in the page source :

<Survey instance at 8635589>

Am I missing something obvious? Should I call the object from within my
DTML method some other way? Thanks for your help.

Michal Bukovjan