[Zope] using MySQLdb 0.1.2

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:23:42 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Hugo Ramos wrote:

> Yellow,
>
> I don't know about all you but I'm trying to use MySQLdb  0.1.2 on NT4 +
> SP6a + Zope 2.1.4
> The Installation Instructions aren't to precise on using it on win32
> platforms and Zope doesn't show me the MySQLdb on the product list. Is there
> some special steps to install it on NT?
> I've seen the instructions page on zope.org and I know about having to aplly
> the patch and compiling the .py on unix systems.. but what about win32?

MySQLdb is not a Zope Product; it's a Python module. ZMySQLDA is the Zope
Product. It needs to be patched to work with MySQLdb, however. I have no
idea how you would do this on Windows. Only the Python code (no C code)
needs to be patched. Stay tuned...

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d