[Zope] Adding default methods to a folderish ZClass

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:36:42 +1200 (NZST)

Tres Seaver writes:
 > > Take three. I've solved the problem for all cases by having the ZClass
 > > add method redirect to a method that copies the default methods into
 > > the new ZClass instance, then redirects back to the management screen.
 > >
 > > Might have to write a howto for this one.

 > I'm glad you found a workaround.  Just offhand, did you try to just call that
 > additional method, before redirecting to it?  I have seen a couple of cases
 > where I refactored code like that into a new method and then things got simpler.

Tried that - I in-lined it on the list for brevity's sake. The problem
is definitely with manage_clone not wanting to be used on a thing
inside the transaction that creates that thing.

John.