[Zope] Documentation issues ... cloning folders into instances

Joachim Werner joachim.werner@iuveno.de
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:35:57 +0200

<frustration>

I'm finding myself again trying to figure out how things work in Zope, just
to find out at the end that it is MUCH simpler that I thought  -- but totally
undocumented! Or maybe I just haven't looked for it enough ...

Isn't there somewhere a list of all method calls I can use from DTML (like
manage_addXYZ)? It can't all be just trial and error or "read the code". -- Yes
it can, but I don't want to be that pessimistic ;-)

O.k., my current problem is that I have a folder with icons and images in a
ZClass that should be copied to all new instances of the class.

There seems to be a "manage_clone" call for that (just read about it in a
posting), but how does it work and where do I find any documentation on it?

As all those methods are in the namespace, isn't there at least a trick to get
a list of all names to print out? That would be a first start.

I mean, I had to figure out every single call like manage_addDTMLDocument or
manage_changeProperties by trial and error. That makes Zope so much less
efficient that it could be ...

</frustration>

Joachim Werner.