[Zope] Zope hosting

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:19:19 -0600

Marco Mariani wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 08:59:51AM -0600, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > I am happily using CodeIt.  They offer several options above "basic" Zope
> > hosting:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > They don't offer shell access -- I FTP products, export files, etc., into a
> > "home directory" with a slightly oddball layout.
>
> I guess if I ever need to use PHP within my site, I cannot do it with them,
> do I?

They do not offer "normal" PHP as an option -- you could ask them if they would
quote it as a "custom" add-on.  With enough work, it might be possible to call
PHP through a Zope product;  I don't know enough about what support PHP requires
from the OS and environment to know if this is feasible.

Of course, I also can't think of any reason to use PHP, but that is another
issue altogether. :)

Tres.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com