[Zope] Zope hosting

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:13:13 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, dale w lance wrote:

> Any comments on Zope and the Intel Linux setup vs the Cobalt setup?
> I am looking for a Zope/MySQL combinationsetup and would like to know
> Pros and cons of each of these setups (hardware)

The RaQ3 is a Intel-like setup (AMD K6-2, I think). Earlier models used an
embedded MIPS CPU. I have no personal experience with either, but we use a
fair number of them (and some older RaQ models). Zope ought to run just
fine on it, but I've never tried.

I'm doing some Zope development on a VA 500 (dual P-II-350), and we have
two of them for mailservers. No complaints. They come with Red Hat. Using
my own RPMs for now.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d