[Zope] Logout with standard basic authentification

Marcus Collins mcollins@sunesi.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:45:21 +0200

Hi,

With basic authentication, the user's browser caches the username and
password, and sends them along with each request. All you can do to
invalidate the cached values is raise an "Unauthorized" exception.

<dtml-raise type="Unauthorized">
 You have been logged out. Please log in again.
</dtml-raise>

This sends an HTTP 500 Unauthorized back to your browser, which should
display the basic auth. login box again.

See http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/DTML-HTML/DTML.12.html for
details.

hth,

-- Marcus