[Zope] Date Zone Problem

julio dinis juliodinis@hotmail.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:56:19 PST

Hello,

Last March 26th Portugal changed to GMT+1.

ZopeTime() returns, for instance, "2000/03/30 16:00:00.000 GMT+0".

16 hours is correct but I think it should give a GMT+1 at the end of
the date?

I found this because I'm having this problem:

I have a object with a property date that when created first time
with the factory add method uses the manage_changeProperties with
the date value added to request with,
<dtml-var "REQUEST('date',ZopeTime())">.

The object is cataloged. Then I make a search to get the objects and
sort them by date. When I render this objects dates If I format the output
using fmt="%C %Style" the date presented is "2000/03/30 15:00:00.000 GMT+0",
one hour less!!

Since this is not right cause the real hour is 16 I work around the
problem and discovered that the TimeHours() function returns the correct 16
hours. That resolved my output problem.

But then again a problem emerge. I have a form to update my objects
properties, in this case, the date property. This form when rendered
writes a <input type=text:date name=mydate>. When submited a strange
thing happen. If I output the date of this updated object with the
fmt="%C %Style" format the hour will now be correct, i.e, 16.

I though then that the "text:date" type in the html was important for this
happening.

But the problem now is that when sorting my objects this one will be sorted
using 16 as the hour but other objects that I did not updated, i.e, dont
passing them trough the "text:date" form, will be giving 15
for the sort.

Questions:

Is this a internationalization of zope related problem?
Does the GMT+0 instead of GMT+1 is a zope/python bug?
Am I missing something about the international date zone system?

Best Regards,
Julio