[Zope] Upgraded to 2.1.6, now all pages return an unauthorized error!

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:23:09 -0700

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> > > Are you using the built-in UserFolders that come with Zope or
> > > a third party authentication source (or running in 'remote user
> > > mode')? If not, is there any part of your code that might be
> > > trying to change the AUTHENTICATED_USER in the REQUEST at any
> > > point?
> >
> > Nope. :(
> > Straight Zope with a _few_ added products
> >
> > I've since moved back to 2.1.4 and it works fine there. Will
> > be setting
> > up a special server to duplicate it this week(end).
>
> Can you tell me what products? I know that if you are using
> SiteAccess and don't use the most recent release it will break
> with 2.1.6 in a manner much like you describe...

Lets see here ...

KnowledgeKit
LocalFS (installed, not currently in use)
SybaseDAv2
PSQLInput
Cookie Cutter (likewise not in use)
TinyTable (see above)
A small,simple 'nes article' product
Calendar
Standard Zope stuff

That's it.

It is it's own server, so no need for SiteAccess.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.