[Zope] hacking zdiscussion w RDB backend

- bak@nstp.com.my
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:24:56 +0800

hi all,
i'm thinking of hacking zdiscussion to use rdb as the backend instead of zodb.
but before i start anything, i'd like input from you learned zopistas.

me:- i'm not a REAL programmer.  just a hobbyist.  some of my concerns
-will a level  2 da be sufficient for high write site?  i'm thinking of using
postgres
-if i were to retain  what zdiscssion has, willl it suffice to have just one
table?  i would like to tie this to AUTHENTICATED_USER.  so i want to use user
db as the authenticating agent.  is it advisable to just put the forum table in
the user db database?
-how would you guys do the tree from sql?
-what other improvement can be included?  what pitfalls to avoid?
-anybody done this(zdiscussion/confera with sql backend) yet?

this is just a start.  i'm not sure whether i'll succeed.  but i'll die trying
:)

thanks.
http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?