[Zope] Re: Problems with jcNTUserFolder-0.0.4

Jephte CLAIN minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:58:02 +0400

a.wacknitz@francotyp.com wrote:
> Hello Jephte,
> I have some problems with jcNTUserFolder in conjunction
> with Zope-2.1.6 running under Windows 2000:
I have not tested jcNTUserFolder under Windows 2000, but it should work
except, I guess, if you run Windows 2000 in 'native' mode.

> If a subfolder has its own NT user folder, a user,
> given another role within this subfolder, is forced
> to authenticate again and this authentication always
> fails.
the roles given to the user in the sub-folder *replace* the roles
defined in higher folders, due to the way user folders work. the user in
the subfolder must have the same role as in higher folders (so he can
traverse the higher folders), plus any new roles in the subfolder.

> Therefore it is not possible to change user's rights
> within subfolders. Is this a known problem?
> I hope you can help me solving this problem as I need
> this functionality within my application.
jcNTUserFolder was developped because htrd's NT User Folder has not this
functionality, which I needed also.

regards,
jephte clain
minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr