[Zope] FileSystem Storage (was: Re: [Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers)

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 00:49:18 +0000

Jason Spisak wrote:

> Michael Bernstein:

> > > Is it because there is no locking?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
>  Okay.  I get it.  So if the files system took care of the
> journaling/transaction end of things then that would close that hole?

AFAIK. In theory.

> > I beleive that this tradeoff (transactional integrity vs. efficient
> > writes) would be made irrelevant if the FS in question was either
> > ReiserFS or the IRIX Journalling FS, but I don't really know enough
> > about either to be certain.
>
> Is there currently a Product that uses the filesystem like you are talking
> about?  FSSession?

Yes, FSSession stores session info on the FS.

>  Is there a product to store the all my ZClass instances
> let's say on the file system right now?

Not that I'm aware of, however there is a product that will store and
access certain file-like objects from the FS: LocalFS. In fact, it has a
very cool feature that instantiates .xml files as XMLDocuments when
they're retrieved from the FS, so you can do things like display a tree
of the nodes within an XML file inside the Zope management interface.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.