[Zope] standard_error_message

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 02 May 2000 16:29:24 +0100

John Chandler wrote:

> > Anyone agree? If so then what do we need to do to make this happen?
>
> Well, we can live with it at the moment, I've listed the bug as needing to
> be fixed for the next release but not immediately, but it's something that
> would be very useful to have running as soon as possible.

I agree that Zope's error handling pages should work as John has
described in his message.

However, I've found that the following as /standard_error_message seems
to meet Chris' original requirement of overriding error methods in
folders in the heirarchy.

This is the root /standard_error_message
--------
<dtml-try>
<dtml-var "_.render(REQUEST.resolve_url(URL+'/std_error_message'))">
<dtml-except>
<h1>Standard error message</h1>
</dtml-try>
--------

Custom error messages go in std_error_message in each folder.
When an error occurs, it is handled by the nearest std_error_message up
the heirarchy.

I haven't tested it for errors in std_error_message yet.

If this works for you, I'll make it into a HowTo.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer