[Zope] Changing Zclass Base Classes

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:09:37 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "julio dinis" <juliodinis@hotmail.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 7:53 AM
Subject: [Zope] Changing Zclass Base Classes

> I thougt that now if I copy the instances I created
> before MyClass had Catalogue_aware has base class this instances
> would be added to my catalog. Wrong.
> Looks like the instances didnt inherited the adition of this new base
class.

> Can I do any operation to this instances(objects) in order "for
> them to realize" they now have Catalogue_Aware as base class?

CatalogAware ensures that objects are added to the catalog *when they are
created*. The easiest thing to do would be to use the Find command in the
Catalog to add the objects.

BTW, those objects are aware that they have CatalogAware as a base class...
you'll probably get an error if you try to delete one, because it is not in
the catalog, and the CatalogAware code will try to remove it from the
catalog.

Kevin