[Zope] Changing Zclass Base Classes

julio dinis juliodinis@hotmail.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 13:04:09 PDT

>CatalogAware ensures that objects are added to the catalog *when they >are
>created*. The easiest thing to do would be to use the Find >command in the
>Catalog to add the objects.

Ok, I know that... But in my case the best way is to have
my objects indexed in the catalog automatically *when created*
adding this base class.
My problem remains with my older instances before the adition of
the CatalogAware base class. They are somehow broken but I cant debug
that.

>BTW, those objects are aware that they have CatalogAware as a base
> >class...you'll probably get an error if you try to delete one, >because
>it is not in the catalog, and the CatalogAware code will try >to remove it
>from the
>catalog.

No :( thats not the case. I can delete with no prob. I've made restarts and
still the older instances
arent aware that they have CatalogAware as base class. Something
is wrong, but I dont no what because everything looks ok, no broken
products, etc. The new instances I create are aware of the new base class,
but the older ones are just something apart from my and zope's logic.

Anyway, thanks Kevin.

ps. I love kmnetnews ;-)