[Zope] fsimport, external user folder

Michael Arndt extern.michael2.arndt@audi.de
Wed, 03 May 2000 09:00:05 +0200

Hello together,

has someone combined external userfolder an one of the two import
methods of zope ?
Reason: If i use zope i have  a big amount of existing web documents i
have to import
( one set of data is about  2 GB no upper limit by data, can only be
limited by
  setting an upper allowed limit )

Does someone know if Frontpage supports WebDAV  and can be combined with
Zope ?

and last Question: Does someone know, what is the design reason to
import all Data
in the Zope Database and not maintaining pointers to data in any case ?
( Reason: when evaluating i did an import of data of only one user and
Zope Database crashed immediatly.
  Now my situation is somwhat special since not all documentation tends
to be 18 GB per user, but i would assume
  that Documentation Projects tend to grow, so i would assume
maintaining references to data is faster ... ?)

thanks for your help and answers

Micha

Michael Arndt
		science + computing gmbh
		c/o    CAE-Systemservice
                Abt. I/FS-2, CAE Systeme, Visualisierung
                Tel. +49 (841) 89-37421 Fax -35093
                mail extern.michael2.arndt@audi.de