[Zope] (no subject)

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 03 May 2000 01:08:17 -0700

Dragomir Denev wrote:

> Please help.
>
> On the top of 'index_html' I have:
>
> <dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('SUBMIT')">   // this is the submit button of the form
>                                         // the action of the form is 'index_html'  itself
>       <dtml-call insertNewItem>         // this is a ZSQL method
>  </dtml-if>
> -here is the form-
>
> The point is that I want the method to be executed only when the form is submitted.
> When first displayed nothing unusual happens (the REQUEST doesn't have 'SUBMIT').
> But when I submit the form than this is what I get:
>
> Error Type: ValueError
> Error Value: Invalid Header (0):

Zope doesn't like it if there is no html tags before the DTML begins.  I
think this is fixed, what version are you running?

There is much easier and more powerful way to do what you want.  In your
calling form, name the buttons:

<input type="submit" name="clicked_ok:method" value=" Ok ">
<input type="submit" name="clicked_cancel:method" value=" Cancel ">

And create two methods, one named 'clicked_ok' and the other named
'clicked_cancel'.  This allows trivial creation of web 'dialog boxes' or
methods that are triggered on certain submit buttons.

More documentation is here

http://classic.zope.org:8080/Documentation/Reference/ORB

which is admitedly pretty hard to find.  Rooting through the
documentation section of Zope.org can turn up alot of good stuff.

-Michel