[Zope] SQL information (off topic)

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 03 May 2000 15:27:23 +0100

"Morten W. Petersen" wrote:

> I've searched the net numerous times, for some good SQL documentation
> (specifically advanced tutorials); but I can't seem to find it _anywhere_.
>
> This information could probably be useful to a _lot_ of (Zope)people.

I've recommended the following book to people learning SQL. It is quite
clear and covers other forms of database too. I don't know whether you'd
consider it "advanced" though.

  The Essence of Databases, F.D. Rolland, Printice Hall, 1998
  ISBN 0-13-727827-6

This one is the recommended course text for the CSc332 course at
Lancaster University, UK.
It is very thorough, and goes into some detail about optimisation
strategies and so forth.

   R.Elmasri & S.B.Navathe "Fundamentals of Database Systems" (2nd ed.)
   Benjamin Cummings 1994. ISBN 0-8053-1753-8 {4-> 6}

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer