[Zope] RelationalStorage (was LocalFS)

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Wed, 03 May 2000 17:49:15 -0500

I would like to see this available also. It would be nice if it were a
first class Zope citizen.

A couple of questions.

Will this be db agnostic or be fairly hardcoded?

I would like to propose the use of InterBase as an excellent option for
db.

IB 6.0 is open source and will be available most anywhere Zope is. I
don't know of any other db which meets those requirements. In addition
to that it is an excellent database. It may not be 'Oracle' yet, but
most don't need 'Oracle'.

InterBase source code and release version is supposed to be available by
the end of June. I have seen no release to believe that it won't be met.

There are people on the IB lists which are Zope aware and would like to
see IB be a first class citizen in the Zope community. I am not an
expert on IB, but from what I've seen it could possibly support objects
well. It has an understanding of the OO world.

It would be nice if this could be done where it could scale from the
'whats sql' user to the power sql user. Giving both the ability to use
it at their level. What I mean here is that it is transparent as
possible while providing as much expressiveness as possible.

Just a few thoughts.

Jimmie Houchin

InterBase info at:
http://www.interbase.com/