[Zope] The Zen of ZClasses

RC Compaan roche@up-front.co.za
Thu, 4 May 2000 14:48:52 +0200

I'm still calling myself a Zope newbie especially when it comes to creating
new programmatic classes in Zope.

I struggle to translate the following example into good Zope practice:

I have a class called CLIENT, which holds client detail.  I have another
class called ACCOUNT which stores information of an account for a spesific
client.  When a user creates an new ACCOUNT he must be able to select the
CLIENT from a list of clients.

What i need guidance on is the linking of these two classes.  I thought of
just creating a property ClientName in my zclass, Account, of the type
selection and spesifying ClientList as Value for my property.  ClientList is
a method which returns a list of clients.

Is this the best way to day it, or is there a better way?

Roché Compaan