[Zope] strange pcgi prob in FreeBSD

thomas@hentschel.net thomas@hentschel.net
Sun, 7 May 2000 14:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

	Hi all,

	While trying to update the zope port for the FreeBSD ports system I
	ran into a problem which kinda has me stumped. I looked thru the
	ML archives, but couldn't come up with anything, although I'm sure
	this has happened before.

	Everything runs normal when I just connect to ZServer. Running
	it thru Apache I get (sometimes):

	Temporarily Unavailable

        The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again later.

	(116) unable to connect, fd=4
	<!--
	Error receiving stdout
	pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a5
	-->

	on *some* documents. I.e. the ZopeButton in the default page will show
	this, but not the page itself. In the /manage screen, the left
	frame will be ok, but some of the right frames will show this
	behavior, while others won't. It seems ( I actually confirmed
	this) that it depends on the file size being served. I can make
	the left tree frame display "Temporary Unavailable" too if I
	open enough sub-tree elements.

	Here is the setup info :
falcon# uname -a
FreeBSD falcon.home.hentschel.net 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #1: Mon Apr 17 18:22:53 PDT 2000     thomas@falcon.home.hentschel.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/FALCON  i386
Python 1.5.2 (#2, Jan 19 2000, 17:09:29)  [GCC 2.7.2.3] on freebsd3
Zope-2.1.6

	Any hints with that would be highly apreciated.

	Thanks

	-Th