[Zope] Re-evalute DTML

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 23:28:10 +0100

Danae and Andy wrote:

> Thanks for the help. Now im lost, as a newbie with only half a day left to
> show something to my boss Im in trouble. I havent found any tutorials on sub
> objects, the ZDG is very lame on this area. Do you know of anything you can
> point me at?

This howto explains more or less what to do:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/mukhsein/job_board_howto

There are a couple of typos in it, though IIRC.

Basically:

 * Create a new ZClass in your product.
 * Choose ObjectManager as a base class.
 * Once you have generated your ZClass, look on the "subobjects" tab of
   the management screen. Select "DTML Method" from the multiple-
   selection list.

  Now, you can create instances of your ZClass from the management
screens,
  and you'll be able to create DTML Methods inside it.

  Look at the source code to the management screens for hints on how
  to create new DTML Methods from your own ZClass methods. Also, see
  the ZQR.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR

--
Steve Alexander