[Zope] Title of another document

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 08 May 2000 14:31:20 -0400

Hi, Peter

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> Zoping!

Congratulations!

> How do I "get" the Title of a DTML document from
> another DTML document.
>
> What I want is:
> "title.of.nextdoc_html"></a> ...or something.

You did not say where nextdoc_html is, but assuming it is on the
acquisition path, you might try (tested):

<dtml-with "_.getitem('nextdoc_html')">
<dtml-var title>
</dtml-with>
</a>

-or-

<dtml-with "_.getitem('nextdoc_html')">
</dtml-with>

I prefer the second, because it would lend itself to a list of items
better.

DTML Documents play by strange rules, and I do not use them much; the
_.getitem() trick may not be the only one that works here.

hth

--

Jim Washington
Center for Assessment, Evaluation and Educational Programming